View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #34
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I fabbed a jack saddle also. Like said, you need to measure in-between the axle U-Bolts because most every rig has a different space between them. You really don't need killer equipment here (12T jack) unless as stated ... the price was right at the time. I stated years ago about using a load cell atop my bottle jack and seeing just what I'm picking up when I raise a tire about 1/2" off the ground. For my 3150, it's around 2500#. You have to remember, you're not picking up the whole fiver, just one end of an axle. With that in mind, my saddle is made out of 1.5" angle .25" thick welded on top of a 1.75" thick walled pipe. The inner ID just happened to fit my bottle jack. Works good, will last a long time, and is coded black for easy identification . With the invent of Level Up ... this chore has gotten alot easier. For those that insist on jacking up the frame and piling cribbing ... you're sure making this hard on yourself and your fiver. For those who rely on a roadside asssitance membership ... I may loose my health at some point, but for now, I don't have the patience to sit along the side of the road for an hour or better when I can have the spare on and on my way in less than 20 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00669.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	5160  
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote