Thread: New truck
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #30
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Got finished today getting the Denali set-up for pulling. Took him up to Dan's Service Center and got the Reese 16K hitch installed. Told Ryan this is the 4th truck this hitch has been installed in. So, we decided to bolt the hitch to the frame instead of welding. That way, in 9 years when I trade for a 2023 GMC, I can transfer the bed rails to it. Ryan informed me that when we do upgrade to a bigger unit, I can pin a 20K hitch into these rails. For example, a Curt Q20. So, he's all ready to work! Can't wait to get him hooked up to the old Challenger and see how the 765 ft lbs of torque works with this 6 speed Allison!
I bought the Curt Q24 and it's a fine hitch. Love the operation and service. Built in the MidWest and very customer oriented. My new 2014 F 450 "Fifthwheel factory package" posed some obstacles for clean install of my Curt. I refused to be forced into buying a Reese ( call me hard nosed )! Lead engineer was fully on board to help my installer! Great people, like the good people at B&W!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote