View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
O.k.-After reading all the above, I got to say we went the other direction. We have gone from two 12volt batteries to two 6volt batteries. I got to say I don't understand all the in and outs of batteries, I can only give info on the results. Over the last few years using our two 12volts while dry camping our batteries did not hold up. We got to the point that the batteries could not last over night while running our heater. Someone explained the difference in the 12volt batteries and the 6 volt golf cart batteries for re-charging. They said that the 12volt batteries will not dis-charge all the way while in use so when you recharge your not getting a full charge you are not getting the full use of the batteries.....where as the 6volts are different...we decide to go with the two 6volts and I got to tell you there is a BIG difference, even taking in account the batteries are newer. We are also compairing to when our 12volts batteries were new. We now can dry camp up to 3 nights without using the generator. For sure 3 nights, we have not tried four nights yet...that is three nights with lights and heater, etc. There is a difference and the difference is better...we will stay with the two 6volt batteries. 15 hours of wattage use!? If you sat down and started to add up your hours and all the things you do you'd be suprised! Even count the hours of sleeping...you do have panels and monitors that run off the batteries.
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote