View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #12
Spenda864

M.O.C. #21646
After speaking with several different RV repair places around the area, I have come to the conclusion it is best to buy a new door. All of them said they would order it for me and have it shipped in from Keystone. The price is somewhere between $200-250 for the size door I need (including shipping). To get the correct door, I just needed to provide the last 8 digits of the VIN and the size of the door to make sure it was color matched, etc.

I asked for advice on removing the old door and installing the new one and whether it was difficult or not. None of the parts people thought it was worth me paying them to install the door. The replacement comes with the door and the framing for the door. I was told to: 1. take out the existing door and frame; 2. clean the area where the old door was sealed to the camper; 3. put on some kind of adhesive/barrier tape ( I can't recall the name right now); 4. install the new frame and door; 5. clean off any of the tape that sticks out from the new frame; 6. run a bead of sealant around the frame. They all said it was an easy job.

I will probably order the door next week and install in a couple of weeks. I will keep those interested posted and will disassemble the old door so you call can see what's in there. I am not the most mechanically inclined person on the planet so wish me luck. The only way to learn is to try it and see.
Spenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote