View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Infinity View Post
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for posting this question. Did you get any answers? I'm having a similar problem. My furnace fans kicks on and it sounds like it fires up for several seconds and then stops. It seems as if the furnace isn't getting enough propane. Let me know if you learned anything.
Thanks again,
Tom
This is different than my issue, which is specific to the heat pump, not the furnace. That being said, I had a similar issue with a previous SOB unit. Turns out my control board was getting wet and was essentially shorting out. I had to dry it with a hair dryer (actually, used my truck window defrosters) to make it work correctly. Not saying this will help you, but it might be worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle and Lisa View Post
Our heat pump is good to about 47 degrees ambient temp, the thermostats are about 5 degrees off. I turn the a/c setting up when running for heat and just the opposite with the heat for cold, seems to work better for us.
I recognize that the heat pump isn't as effective as a furnace, specifically at lower temps, and I recognize that the thermostat isn't exactly precision hardware, but this seems like something else.

I was fully 8 degrees below the target temp and the unit wasn't even running.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when a heat pump stops being effective due to a low outside temp, it doesn't shut down, right? It keeps trying to pump heat, but it isn't effective. My unit was powered down. I think it's a different issue.

That being said, I ran it last night and it worked perfectly. The ambient temperature wasn't much different than the nights where it failed.

So something is amiss, just not sure what. Still hoping to run into an answer here rather than having to track it down through service.

J