View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #14
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
Yes they may be contractually obligated to to work on Keystone products, but that doesn't mean they have to do it in a timely manner. Being personal friends with our local dealer, they have the right to service THEIR customers before working on units sold by competing dealers. But we all know customer service goes a long way in creating a lasting business!!
There is such a disconnect between the service center and sales at most dealerships I don't think it matters where you buy it!!!!

Prime example was how it took over 2 months to get very simple work done on my brand new 2018!!! Until I finally got the general manager involved things just didn't get done!!! So do they earn my loyalty? What do you think?

Nearly every dealer of any kind (cars, tractors, RVs) have one thing in mind "get em out the door". They are totally focused on selling as many new units as possible. That's where the money is. They only do service because they have too to be a dealer. Most of them consider the service to be a drag on their business. They know people are going to go where they can get the best price OR can be talked into giving them more money by a salesman. Very few dealers rely on repeat business that is based on the service department! Besides the majority of customers are only going to buy a new unit every 10 years or so (granted folks on MOC are probably an exception to that rule) so there isn't much concern for offering good service after the sale.

On the other hand there are some really good service only centers around that do a great job and get you in and out really quick. That's because their reputation depends on it and they are trying to move work in and out as fast as possible to make money on it. Work just sitting around at those places is costing them storage space and reputation that they live and breath upon.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote