View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
What a way to start Senior Citizenship!

October 18, 1955, I was born. 55 years later, first thing in the morning I was off to PepBoys and bought two new batteries for my Ford F-250. One was dead red (had that indicator that was red as could be), the other one was mostly red but had just a little tinge of green but I considered it dead. Truck was having hard starts so this can't be too surprising.

Lifespan for these dual Motorcrafts was 58,500 miles, 4 years and 7 months. Not that great, but they were the original batteries. The new ones are Bosch 3 year unconditional, then 6 years of pro-rating but considered a 96 month battery. This is what was in the Mercedes when it was new and it lasted 9 years, so if it's good enough for a big Mercedes it must be good enough for the Ford, plus, there's two of them.

I didn't even try to recharge them. They died late Sunday so I just plunked down some dough on new ones today, because we got DW's cousin and husband coming in from Texas in about an hour and we might use the truck for the ride-arounds and I just didn't want to mess with it. The truck starts like a dream now!

We live in an area with 22 wineries within 20 miles of our house, including the #1 winery in California last year and they might be shopping for some wine. They buy by the case(s) when they visit and the truck makes a good hauler, my Mercedes, not so much because there's the four of us plus the grandson - don't worry, the grandson's not a wine drinker - and the trunk doesn't hold as much weight and wine as the truck. Then when they head back home we load up their SUV (seats folded down) and off they go.

Happy birthday to me. Dual Truck batteries and some wine. It certainly doesn't get much stranger than that. At least tonight is a homemade Mexican taco, rice and beans dinner 'para me esposa" (from DW).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote