View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pullrite SuperGlide Maintenance Questions

I'm still considering my options for an auto slider. Pullrite's SuperGlide is one I'm considering.

The Pullrite website says the rails on a superglide must be lubricated before every trip. Somewhere else I read every 1000 miles. Also, they have a new spray lubricant on the pullrite site that supposedly dries hard and will not attract dirt and lasts longer than grease. One dealer tells me he sells that spray lubricant for $14.95/can. The Pullrite site says silcon spray and wd-40 are not acceptable alternatives. Their spray and a spray white grease are acceptable.

Is it really necessary to lubricate before every trip? How often do you lube yours? What lube do you use? Anything else I should know about maintaining the superglide?

Also, pullrite now has a "new" "quick connect capture plate" for the superglide. It attaches "loosely" to the pinbox with four set screws. Nowhere is it stated but it appears this plate could be quickly removed should the fifthwheel need to be towed by a commercial tow truck or other tow vehicle with a non superglide hitch. Is anyone familiar with this capture plate? Is my understanding about quick removal correct? A dealer tells me he sells the quick connect capture plate for $95.95.

I did some pricing online but am continuing to look for a better deal. One dealer sells the 18k SuperGlide itself for $1549.95 but by the time you add the mounting kit, installation labor, a can of the lube, removal of my current hitch, sales tax, the total comes to $2737.62.

I'm also considering the Hijacker Autoslide. The Hijacker website does not list dealers so I'm having some trouble getting pricing info on that hitch.

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote