View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #28
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We got a stainless steel grill from Walmart made by Better Homes & Garden (yeah, I know, they just brand it and I have no idea who actually makes it). Cost about $50 and does okay (runs hot even on lowest setting) but I think the temp gauge reads hot, since I don't seem to overblacken anything.

I use a 20# bulk tank with a propane post. A lantern goes on top of the post and I use the two other fitting for the BBQ and a two burner stove. I think DW likes when I cook outside. If there's a chance of rain or bugs, I put everything on a picnic table inside a large screen room. I've been known to cook in rain, cold, dark and even when the bugs are out. No problem for me, but DW prefers to stay in the rig when I'm doing the cooking.

The only mod I plan is to make a platform where the BBQ will sit. This will prevent the numerous drippings onto the table tops and I will add hooks to keep my utensils nearby and convenient. I have seen things like this but they are too pricey for me and lack some features I'd like to have. I am pretty handy so I can customize something that will be useful AND compact besides inexpensive.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote