View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 04:13 AM   #7
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

So this trip so far we have been let down by the rv campground database used In the magellan gps sold by camping world. Apparently, even though I downloaded the latest maps, etc late last year, my gps still has campground info from 2014. This lead me through the wrong part of town in chatham illinois and into a residential area while following gps to double j campground. Lovely time getting out and finding the campground. Today...we were led onto cr361 in/near st joseph, missouri. One lane gravel, no way to turn around, over 12 ton limit bridge, several miles till we popped out on a country road that eventually led us back to where we got off of interstate 29 many harrowing miles before. This was supposed to take us to AOK campground. SO from now on, I will only use the address of the campground manually entered into the gps as well as entered in my old garmen gps to route us to campgrounds. How many other messed up campground info in this good sam database I don't know. John
Is the Good Sam GPS that you are taking about a Megallan or is it a Rand McNally unit?
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote