View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
hubbub52
Established Member

M.O.C. #9743
TV replacement and modifications

Ok not sure if this will work. I have not ever tried to post pic's here before. Anyway I recently decided I would tackle replacing my old tube tv with a new lcd flat screen. This was a have to case. So I fiqured what the heck and gave it a go. The task wasn't something I was experienced at as far as knowledge of carpentry and such. I searched this and other forums for any and all ideas that others out there had done and decided to go with a sliding drawer type setup. I have a 2006 Montana 3400rl and the tube type tv that came with the trailer was only 27" type and to get a comparable picture size I had to go with a 32" flat screen. This was a real brain teaser for me because the cabinet wasn't made for that size tv. Anyway to make this long story shorter here is what I ended up with as of right now. Still have a few minor things to do like drawer handles, a latch to keep drawer closed while traveling, wire ties and hooks,and a strap across the tv while traveling just in case of rough roads.

hubbub52 is offline   Reply With Quote