View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 11:12 PM   #64
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by agggitator View Post
Headed back for the 6th time to get the furnace repaired, Keystone is no help to resolve the problem. Their only insight is to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it again. the dealer has had my 5th wheel longer than I have.
After a 4 hour PDI on our last 5er, a Cougar we loaded it and 3 days later headed to our snowbird location. Temps in the Carolinas were in the mid 90s so the furnace worked for a short time, got to temp and shut down. At our 1st stop the furnace starting blowing fuses. In the AM I called Atwood and they emailed a list of mobile techs. On the way to our 2 month location a tech was called and would be there after we arrived. He did his diagnostics and Atwood sent a part UPS overnight (took 2 days). He arrived with the part and all done. I paid the $50 service call charge, Atwood covered the rest. Much better than taking it to a dealer. Thankfully, the fireplace and a borrowed electric heater kept us toasty those 2 nights. Found a part broken on the oven of the Montana. A call to the manufacturer and part was sent to me. My dealer is 45 miles from home so a trip down and back to drop it and pick it up later would cost more than the service charge in fuel and time.