View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #39
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
There seems to be a common theme where dealers are not coming clean with their customers about what is transpiring with Keystone. It makes we wonder about what's happening with these dealers. It's like they don't want Keystone involved. Their first approach seems to be to try to get Keystone out of the loop.

My theory is that the disreputable dealer would rather deal one on one with a (perhaps) naive customer in hopes of being able to suck more dough out of the transaction. Once Keystone is involved, the customer has more than one 'expert' to get quotes and advice from. It only has to work every third or fourth time to up your average to a sweet level, eh?

My advice is to never go it alone. Remember, nobody has fixed as many Montanas as the Keystone Service Center. You want them involved! It does the dealer little good to have Keystone pushing on their hourly estimate. If you're Keystone you've most likely done the wizbot doodle repair dozens of time. If you're Joe's Midnight RV in Waldoville Idaho, odds are good that you'll pad an estimate to cover the unknowns.

For my money, you call the service center BEFORE you even go to the dealer. Tell them you want to register your problem. They're happy to record it against your VIN. Then go to the dealer. On your way out of the dealer call the service center again and check out the conversation that happened between the dealer and Keystone.

Be your own quality control inspector!
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote