View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 AM   #8
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
We all are spoiled brats. We all want our systems to work perfectly each and every time. I have AT&T cell service( national plan ) and it works better than the others I hear people trying to use in our area here near Corsicana, TX. We work at a lake just SW of there and we always get a good signal, many other people with Sprint, Verizon etc. cannot use their phones at all. I think cell phone service, satellite TV & internet service depend on one central component, ( is there a tower within a few miles of your location and what is the line of sight to your antenna). There have been times when we could not use our phone while traveling across the SW part of the country when you are 100 miles or more from anywhere, but for the most part is works pretty well. It may be that some of the other systems would work well out there, it just depends. By the way. The USACE park we work at uses Hughes satellite for connection to the national reservation system and if a bird fly's by or a cloud passes the signal goes with them, very slow as well.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote