View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 12:34 PM   #79
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
I also considered the Superglide however the 20K version weights in at 197lbs plus of you add the ISR or bed mounted rails that adds additional weight, that will likely put you at or at or over the payload if towing your 3741 5er.

Believe you me, I checked, and rechecked that multiple times, and I'm good there, even with the heavier SuperGlide. That's what I based my numbers on.

Quote:

For me since ALL SB trucks have small fuel tanks I added (just ordered yesterday) a 46 gal bed Aux fuel tank. Tank weights 60lb and 42 gal extra fuel (I will not top it) is about 300lbs so now I have 78 gal capacity as range is very important to me. there is no way I could bear the weight of a slider and aux tank as will be right at payload (I weighed the truck on the way home from the dealer and I already weighed the 5er).

I don't know how much fuel you consider a "good" amount, but the new Chevy's carry 36 gallons in SB or LB, so there's no SB penalty there, which is nice. While I wish that we get 13MPG towing, I've towed enough to know that realistically I expect us to be in the 9MPG range when towing 15,000 lbs. That gets us 325 miles down the road. Much nicer than our old truck which only held 26 gallons.

Quote:

Keep on mind I do have a 3791RD which has the 10' storage compartment in the rear that allows me to minimize my pin weight but storing the heavier items at the back of the 5er. I doubt I have 200lbs in the from basement and with a front BR maybe 200lbs of stuff. So my pin weight when weighed (loaded) was 3320lbs which allows me the added fuel so I have 500-800lbs of payload to spare depending on stuff in the truck and the wife.
We have this same exact situation on the 3741FK. I only have about 30lbs of stuff stored in front of the axle. The remaining 970lbs are all behind the axle, most of it in the slide out tray as far behind the axle as possible.

I have weighed our fully loaded 5er, and we are at 2900 lbs pin weight, and we are at 19.6% pin weight to trailer ratio.

Man, I have sliced this thing 10-ways-to-Sunday...