View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
What A Day - Especially Parking Hanna

Edited: Yesterday 8/4/08

Wow! With Edoardo coming in and making a decision to stay and weather the storm, I spent a few hours putting up the storm shutters in 94+ degree heat. Talk about loosing some weight fast, I must have poured out about 2 gallons of fluid, but I did take in about 3!!

After all said and done with the shutters up, it was time to take Hanna back to her stable (Storage). No problemo!

I pulled into the storage site and the area between the storage sections is twice the distance of th street in front of my house.

Now let me tell you that I have parked Hanna there over a dozen times and never had a problem. I have backed into CG sites and never had a problem. I have backed trailer, both goose neck and TT into several "Turn-Around" sites with no problem.

What seemed to me to be an eternity, I was still trying to get hanna into her spot #28. On the street side was an Endeavor 40' MH, on the curb side there is a large girder support post. DW is the spotter, and she is pretty good at it.

I must have pulled forward to start over more than a dozen times. To this minute in time I cannot tell you what the problem was, but the post got to close at times, and the MH was a big factor. The space is at least 12 feet, so there is plenty of room on both sides.

I finally pointed to a spot on the ground and told DW to let me know when my trailer back wheel was just past that spot. She didn't think I would make it, but I jacknifed it in and once in there I was able to pull out, take the stress off the wheels and straighten Hanna out so she looked presentable to her neighbors.

Lord, I hope I never ever have to go through that again.

On the lighter side, I was sitting in the air conditioning and DW was ringing wet for a change.

I can imagine what paybacks are going to be like.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote