View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. Sorry you had the problems with yours. Mine is low back. The worst ones are L3/4, L4/5, and L5/S1. I also have pudendal nerve entrapment and the peripheral neuropathy. They will be using the paddle lead. The doc said they grow in better (scar) and have less tendency to migrate than the percutaneous wire leads.

I know what you mean about the "shocks". Raise an arm, twist to get out of bed, etc. I had a sneezing fit during the trial and couldn't reach my remote right away...

As for the trial, it went really well. Since I had the infection the first time, they were eager to get the trial leads out sooner than later, and we felt they were in plenty of time to know how it was going to work, so they pulled them early. They got really good coverage, and it really helped all my problem areas. My doc uses Boston Scientific units and St. Jude products. He is going with the Boston Scientific as he said he liked the unit and the paddles just a bit better for my particular situation.

Now we are just waiting to schedule the permanent implant. Like you said, the paddle leads are a bit more involved with having to take some bone out to fit them in. I'm hoping to actually get general anesthesia for the procedure, because my two trials were let's just say not very pleasant and he had some difficulty getting the leads in. I know I'm in for some painful recovery if the trial is any indication. I felt like I had been stabbed in the back for the first three days of the trial. But hey, at least it takes your mind off of your back/neck pain - LOL...

Sounds like I should get at least a week out of a battery charge. The paddles, since they are more focused than the percutaneous leads, use less energy. I still don't quite get how it charges through the air .

Thanks again for the comments!

Greg
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote