Thread: Elks Lodges
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Msjan

We are leaving South Florida on May 13 traveling to San Diego via Route 20 accross the country and plan on using Passport America and Elks Lodges(we are new Elks). In addition, we plan on traveling up the coast of California eventually heading up to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Rushmore, etc. We have family in Ohio where we may leave our fifth wheel and fly back to Florida for a month or so with hopes to fly back and attend our first National Rally.
With all that being said, I am looking for any feedback on Elks Lodges with RV hookups. We are especially looking at the Elks Lodges in California - I have the travel guides and they give lots of info but I am actually looking for reviews from folks that have actually stayed at them.
One of the lodges we are looking at is Chula Vista or Oceanside when we visit San Diego -- any feedback would be appreciated.
In addition, there are several lodges around LA and San Francisco, any feedback for that area.
Sorry to be so wordy -- thanks in advance.
If you e-mail elkstravelguides@earthlink.net you can get information about the the following three sets of guides. Guide I covers AK, AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, WA. Guide II covers CO, KS, MT, NE, NM, OK, SC, TX, UT, WY. Guide III covers AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN. When we purchased them several years ago, they were $11 per guide, $28 for all three.

There is also a guide that covers 22 states covering the Northeastern portion of the contiguous U.S. Those states are: CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NH, NJ, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV. This volume was $15 back then. I would check with elksrvguide@gulftel.com for information and prices.

The guides have probably all increased.

We have found the guides to be very good.

Orv

I provided the above information not only for the original poster but for those Elks who may not even know about what's available. And I know a lot of Elk RVers who have never heard of camping at Elk Lodges. Seems not many Lodges even push it. It does provide them with some additional income, though not very much because what they ask for is a pittance as compared to RV parks.

We have stayed at many Elk Lodges. We've had hookups and no hookups. We've always been received well and treated like royalty. There has not been a bad lodge in the over 35 lodges we've stayed at.

We stay at one lodge in Jeffersonville, IN, right in their parking lot. Why? Because they welcome us and they have a great 18-hole golf course, open only to Elks members and guests.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote