View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Just got back yesterday from spending the Month of March in North Myrtle Beach, didn't have the 5ver with me as I had rented an oceanfront condo for the month, due to having more "Guests" for a couple of weeks than I would want to "Squeeze" into the RV. Went by Oceanlakes, and several other campgrounds on my local travels in the Grater Myrtle Beach area, and passed many RVs yesterday heading north.
To be honest, I rented a 3 BR 2.5 Bath oceanfront condo for the month for less than it would cost for me to haul my RV (with a V-10 truck 7-8 MPG), and campground fees, than it costs to drive my V-6 car (30 MPG highway), and rent the condo. I also would have been edgy with the 2 "Tornado Watches" posted while I was down there, plus a handful of days when the wind blew at 40+ MPH at the seashore (where the majority of the campgrounds are located). I love my 5ver, but it just doesn't make economic sense to haul it over 1600 miles round trip, I'm also from the "Great White" Central New York area (Cicero) as well. I'll save my towing for the summertime trips, as I've already signed a Condo lease for next March.

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote