View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #8
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincedeon View Post
I found your thread while looking for Solid Step and have a few questions for your as my 2009 3400RL has the famed suicide step.

Where is this switch, I envision it's embedded in the doorframe? What else does it trigger?

For the license plate lights, I imagine you ran the wiring underneath the metallic threshhold to where it needed to go? Mostly I'm trying to visualize what's underneath the flooring and how to run wires to accomplish the same thing in my rig.

Yes, I ran the wires under the edge metal strip. Over to the hinge side of the door and found a gap in the bottom of the frame where I could fish the wires through. The switch is actually a push button located on the door frame about half way up on the hinge side. I unscrewed it from the frame and fished the wires down to the bottom. The button only turns the lights on when the door is opened along with the interior lights.

Do you have a photo of the bar please?

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Screen-Door-Cross-Handle/dp/B0012GTVVA?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY 6Q&tag=duckduckgo-osx-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creative ASIN=B0012GTVVA

thanks,
.Vince
Let me know if you need more information or pictures.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote