Thread: Stereotypes
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 04:55 AM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Stereotypes

I just got an e-mail from Good Sam pushing their VIP awards insurance. And there is this "So Called" testomonial about this couple breaking down in Winslow Arizona and "This gap toothed mechanic with greasy hair and coke bottle glasses" is working on their RV.
I work on some of the nastiest equipment in the industry. Heavy equipment. There are numerous grease fittings which at every point has grease coming out of it and when I am called it is because something like a hydraulic line has broke. Simply put NASTY work. My work boots have never been in my house. There is not a spot of grease that makes it into my house and first stop is not the sofa but the shower. My work is nasty I do not have to be. I am not alone. I think most mechanics are reasonably clean. After all we do not want to work around the gap tooth greasy haired pigs either, they get run off. I know it is a commercial just trying to make their point. Just not very fair to portray mechanics that way, especially considering most of the corruption is done in the office by the clean guy wearing the slacks and shirt.
Just venting, have a nice day!
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote