View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #44
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
Okeedokee, I started this thread, and I can tell you after reading all of your bone head ideas and techniques, I laughed a lot, and realized I just needed to relax, and all would work out. So today when delivering our 2 full day waxed fiver to it's storage facility in Reno, NV, I got out and looked at what i had to do to get in our narrow spot, and onto our 2 x 12" boards we have mounted into the gravel to keep our rig from sitting on rocks for months, and I can tell you by just getting my butt out of the truck, and looking at what I need to do first, it made a huge difference! I backed onto those 12" wide boards the first time! I only had to go forward once, because I thought the truck was too jacked to unhitch! Woo hoo, today was a great day.
Thats what I have. 2 boards on the ground. I can see them in my mirrors. Hardest part is getting the trailer wheels straight on the boards. I never settle for crooked. Sometimes when the wheels hit the boards they turn. In that case i straighten them out but never move them so the tires are just right. I have noticed that the back of the boards kick up when the tire first hits them. Good thing mine are only 5 foot long. Any longer and they would hit my trailer.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote