View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #49
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I am amazed at the number of folks that buy these RVs and expect them to be built like tanks. Your buying something that is up to 40' long and can be towed by a pickup at highway speed! It has to be built light and it is going to take some serious abuse. That is a recipe for structural issues and is universal across the industry is it not? With all that going against them, I really don't see any more issues on these units than you would have with a stick and brick home. And since a 5th wheel doesn't cost much more than your tow vehicle, you shouldn't expect it to last much longer but I have seen many that with proper care do!

I had a guy tell me one time "don't buy an RV unless your a carpenter/mechanic/welder/plumber/electrician all rolled into one". I think he was right!!
Really? Outside trim that disintegrates in a year? Carpet worn in two years.. Really... Our KZ still had the original outside moulding trim and original carpet after 12 years that looked New.. Our roof material was MUCH Thicker and did not have staples pushing thru... I don't think I need Lessons on Proper care... Some people dont expect much I guess...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote