View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 07:04 AM   #29
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
What loneoak said. We all camp differently. In our case it is the complete opposite of more water. I have even installed a shut off valve on the toilet water line in every camper I have owned.

Just as an example the wife and I are leaving tomorrow for a 2 1/2 week trip to 2 different places (with another 1 night stop in route both ways), each having no hook ups. We will run the genny a couple hours a day to keep the batteries up. We will dump after leaving the first location after a week or so. We have gone many times for 9 or so days without having to dump or add any water to the rig. If we were to take long showers and flush with plenty of water, we would have to reload water and dump after 2 or 3 days which would mean I would have to take the blue tote and water jugs to refill.

For the most part we boon dock 40-50 nights per year so we have to be very careful about the water that gets used and what goes down the toilet.

We have met a lot of people that will not camp unless they have full hook ups. To us they are missing out on some of the best places to camp and in a way not using there units for there intended purpose of being fully self contained.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote