View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
Earthcreeper
Established Member

M.O.C. #12187
Extended Warranty Bake-Off

I have read many previous posts on extended warranties. Lots of great information. I think it is fair to say that most of you buy them. We will be picking up our new 3100RL (w/6-point hydraulic level) on Wednesday next week and of course the discussion for the ExW will take place.

If there were top shelf contenders for Extended Warranties who would they be? I am overwhelmed with possibilities but who is the best? I agree it makes sense to buy one but who wins the bake-off in terms of: price, quality, coverage & service? Not an easy answer I am sure.

I have gotten one quote so far with WholesaleWarranties.net and for 7-years it was $1597; that is the price if we pay it in 1 payment, otherwise +$150. Seems high in comparison from what was shared by some of you.

In reading the "What is Not Covered" (being a newbie and not understanding fully what it means) I am stuck. To mention a few items not covered: Manual and hydraulic linkages, glass, water leaks, nuts-bolts & fasteners (that leaves a lot to the imagination), weather stripping including slide-out weather stripping,...and more. What do you experienced folks say about this? Advice?

Someone mentioned that a great price is of no benefit if they don't take care of claims; well stated, Caveat Emptor! Also true with paying a high price, it does not automatically get you more. Researching for me is helpful but without the experience myself I am sort of feeling like I could be making an informed bad decision here either way. HELP!
Earthcreeper is offline   Reply With Quote