Thread: ice makers
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #44
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Keeping any appliance clean is a prerequisite to continued good health.

Having said that, and not really to gross anyone out, consider all the things you do in life and all the foods you eat in life, then consider all the things that can and do go wrong in those processes.

There was a 60 minutes special on "cleanliness," some years ago. The number one method of transferring bacteria, at that time, is MONEY. I will not go into what was found on the dollar bill, but just use your imagination. They showed short order cooks that put their hands in places that I will not mention. They showed a pizza place where the worker dropped a pizza shell on the floor while spinning it, picked it up, and continued to process it. Again, use your imagination as to WHAT they found on the hand rail of escalators. The list goes on and on.

So, I'm not really as concerned about ice bought in prepackaged bags. I just figure that I'll get a good cleaning out once in a while.

Hope I have not upset or offended anyone with this post, but it is something we have to consider on a daily basis.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote