View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
All good advice so far. I highly recommend the Disney Dining Plan - one of the better values in Disney. Also, as Rich mentioned - staying on property is good as you can take the free Disney transportation (bus/monorail/boat) to and from parks and other attractions (such as the high end resorts like the Grand Floridian, Fort Wilderness Lodge, etc for the decor).

Parks: Strongly recommend you do NOT try to take in more than two of the four parks in one day. I have done 4 parks in one day twice with guests, out of absolute necessity only. You will physically pay for this attempt. One park per day with a "tour guide" - like your daughter or SIL, if they are familiar. This will save a ton of time on this 43 square mile property.

May will start to get rather steamy down here. Suggest taking an afternoon break/nap then hitting the concrete again - and there is a lot of that - in the late afternoon and evening. You will need a GOOD pair of walking shoes and some spare bandaids to prevent blisters. A lot of people come out of the parks limping. Don't mean to worry you - just be prepared for hiking for several hours on concrete.

Check closely on park closing times as they fluctuate greatly from day to day many times of the year - except Epcot (where I work). For on property resort guests (includes Ft Wilderness Campground), there are Extra Magic Hours - either morning or night, which provides a time period in the parks for resort guests only.

This can be a memorable experience. Have a Magical Day!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote