View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
ka9vrx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6140
LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL UPDATE: TIMES

THE MOC 2016 LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL SPONSORED BY KEYSTONE HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd, FROM 8:30a.m. to 12:00 NOON!!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND READ THE ENTIRE POST!

HUSBANDS, IF YOUR WIFE DOES NOT HAVE HER OWN SIGN IN FOR THE MOC FORUM, PLEASE LET HER KNOW ABOUT THIS CLASS AND READ THIS POST!!!

THIS CLASS IS FOR THE LADIES ONLY!!! NO MEN, BOYS, HUSBANDS, SIGNIFICANT OTHERS IN THE MALE VARIETY ARE ALLOWED TO BE AT THE CLASS. IF ANY OF THE GUYS SHOW UP THEY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!!! WE DO NOT WANT THE LADIES TO FEEL THE PRESSURE OF HAVING THEIR MEN FOLK THERE. WE ALL KNOW THAT IN ANY RELATIONSHIP IT CAN BE VERY INTIMIDATING TO HAVE A SPOUSE WATCHING. SO PLEASE, GENTLEMEN, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE NOT BE AT THE CLASS!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR UNDERSTANDING THIS SIMPLE RULE!!

Ladies what would you do if you and your husband were out on a trip somewhere and he became ill, had to be taken by ambulance to a nearby medical facility and you didn't know how to hook up or drive your rig? You need to be able to, at the very least, get to a safe haven with your rig. This class is a must for those who need to learn to handle the rig in a safe manner even for just a short trip to a safe haven. Sign up for this class and take a class room safety course, learn on a real life hands on set up rig, how to hitch & un-hitch, back-up and also drive a rig. Keystone puts this course on for you to get your feet wet and to give you a bit of confidence to learn to handle your rig in a safe way but it will be up to you to practice with your own rigs to become proficient.

The Ladies Driving School sign up will be on a first sign up, first put on the list basis. Because of limited space, first timers to the class will be given priority to take the class. If all slots have not been filled by the first timers we will fill the balance with Ladies that wish to take the class a second time. In the event that I have more sign ups than we can take I will also have a waiting list for any cancellations that might come along. So go ahead and put your name up even though the class may be full. Cancellations do happen.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND PUT ALL INFORMATION NEEDED WHEN SIGNING UP!!

LADIES HERE IS WHAT I NEED FROM YOU FOR SIGNING UP FOR THE LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL!!!

1. I need you to post to this thread only to sign up for the class with all of the pertinent information required. (Please do not PM me. PMing is not an excepted way of signing up for this class.) This will ensure where you are in the lineup.

2. Your full given name & your MOC user name. Example: Donna Ziegler - Schautzie

3. If this is your first time or if this is a second time taking this class. Example: Donna Ziegler - 2nd time (You will be put on a waiting list if this is your second time and there are no openings. Please understand & remember that 1st timers will be placed on the list before 2nd timers).

4. KEYSTONE graciously supplies us with 6 beautiful brand new units for us to learn on and the instructors to guide us in the learning process, but we the students need to volunteer our trucks to use with the Keystone units. We need a minimum of 6 trucks and we will need them for the entire class time. If you can and are willing to let us use your truck please add the information needed as listed next.

INCLUDE ONLY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO VOLUNTEER THE USE OF YOUR TRUCK AND IF SO WHAT KIND OF HITCH YOU HAVE. Example: I can volunteer our Dodge Ram 3500 short bed with a RAM 20K slider hitch. (We need to know what kind of truck & hitch you are using so as to be able to determine if we can use your truck or not. Not all hitch setups can be used.)

WATCH FOR MY UPDATES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS CLASS

UPDATE: 9/19/16 TIMES TO HAVE TRUCKS AVAILABLE WEDNESDAY MORNING AND FOR THE WOMEN TO BE AT THE SMALL TENT: Trucks need to be in the parking lot at the fair grounds in front of the office by 8:00 a.m. Ladies I need you to be at the small tent NO LATER THAN 8:10 a.m. I will be handing out a schedule to you at that time. There will be coffee and donuts/muffins provided by Keystone in the tent. The actual class will begin at 8:30 sharp.

UPDDATE: 9/17/16 CLOSED: ANY ONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE CLASS A SECOND TIME GO AHEAD AND SIGN UP ALSO. IT COULD BE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE THE CLASS AGAIN IF ANY OF THE FIRST TIMERS THAT HAVE SIGNED UP DECIDE NOT TO ATTEND.

UPDATE: 8/29/16 THERE IS SPACE FOR 4 MORE LADIES IN THE CLASS. ALSO I NEED AT LEAST 1 MORE TRUCK TO BE VOLUNTEERED. A BIG THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY VOLUNTEERED THEIR TRUCK!!!

UPDATE: 8/23/16 I HAVE HAD A QUESTION CONCERNING THE LOCATION OF THE CLASS. THE LADIES DRIVING SCHOOL IS HELD ON SITE. WE WILL BE IN A TENT FOR THE VERBAL PART OF THE CLASS AND THE HANDS ON TRAINING WILL BE IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE FAIR GROUNDS. THIS IS ALL WITH IN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE CAMPSITES.

UPDATE: 8/22/16 TIME IS RUNNING OUT AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR A FEW MORE LADIES TO SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS!! IF THIS CLASS IS TO PROCEED I NEED A MINIMUM OF 6 TRUCKS TO BE VOLUNTEERED. KEYSTONE IS BRINGING 6 BRAND NEW MONTANAS FOR US TO USE AND 6 TRAINED INSTRUCTORS TO TRAIN US. SO LETS STEP UP LADIES & HUSBANDS, VOLUNTEER YOUR TRUCK! IT'S ONLY FOR 4 HOURS!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

UPDATE: 8/17/16 - AS OF NOW THE CLASS WILL HOLD ONLY 24 LADIES UNLESS KEYSTONE INCREASES THE SIZE OF PARTICIPANTS. WE NOW HAVE 17 FIRST TIMERS SIGNED UP!

SIGN-UP SHEET

FIRST TIMERS:

1. Chris Armstrong - mjammersc
2. Judy Edwards - kenandjudy
3. Donna Woods - razrbk
4. Beverly Palmer - daytripper099
5. Ronda Rudow - Loui
6. Karol Freitas - mfreitas
7. Sharon Huber - Sharhu
8. Louise Whiteside - c214dick
9. Jackie Moore - ldmoore06
10. Judy Cox -rcox002