View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I had dual pane windows on a Vangard that were actually just two separate unsealed pieces of glass. Actually listed as storm windows and they were very helpful in 100 degree plus heat of Southen California and Las Vegas. The wife's aunt and uncle had single pane and one AC and could not keep the their fifthwheels cool enough to leave their pets. Our stayed quite cool. Not as good as a triple pane or a high effiency dual pane with low E etc but our unit with one AC did way better than theirs.
When we were trying to purchase our new unit we were in a Mountaineer with single pane glass facing the afternoon sun with the blind open. Extremely hot, just about burn you when you touched the window and the sales man who did not have any dual pane was just telling us their was no difference. I guess for the small amount that I had to pay for the dual pane I am glad I got them. I have heard more people tell me they wish they had dual pane windows when they had single pane than the other way around.
That is what is great everyone can pick what works best for them. My house has extremely high R value in the attic and walls. I also have fifty seven high quality Millgard windows that take away a lot of my effiency. I wanted the triple pane like the Canaidians use but could not afford them. Oh well that is why I have plent of HVAC for my home.

TomMarty