View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
CVNCheng
Established Member

M.O.C. #18393
I'll dog-pile on the "Avoid I-95" as much as practical commentary but you'll need to get on there once you get above Boston at some point, that is if you're going to visit the Trading Post in Kittery and Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery. Both are must stops in my book, I lived in Kittery for a few years and Bob's by far has the best lobster roll in the world.

I-93 through New Hampshire isn't a bad drive. Plenty of campgrounds near Loudon from which you can make day trips into the white mountains.

Acadia National Park is worth a couple days. Lots of people like to get to the top of Cadillac Mountain for the sunrise. If that's on your list, make sure you add an extra 40 minutes for traffic, even on Mt Desert Island. It's that popular. Bar Harbor is a typical tourist town, interesting enough for a few hours but the south and east ends of the island are more scenic and more peaceful.

Continuing north, if you have the time, St John New Brunswick is a nice place to spend a day. You can make a day trip to the Bay of Fundy from there. Halifax and Dartmouth Nova Scotia are also nice trips. Again, it's a matter of time and getting out of there before winter sets in.

2010 3400RL
2013 F350 6.7L DRW
CVNCheng is offline   Reply With Quote