View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #22
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Allen in MT here is what I determine from your posted weights:

If the weight of your combined RV + TV is 21,840 and you subtract the “axle” weight of the RV only on the scale at 11,280 that leaves you with 9560 for the weight of the TV and the Pin weight.
If the actual scaled weight of your TV is 7760 as you state, then that would make your Pin weight 1800 lbs. That just does not sound correct at all, I would guess it is over 2500 lbs.
You need to confirm the weight of the TV by scaling it, if the hooked up Gross is 21,840 and you deduct the weight of the TV you will determine your Pin weight.

At this point you are “NOT” overweight on your RV since your RV is rated at 13,960. If your figures are correct the camper only on the scale was 11,280 that would leave you 2680 lbs of additional CC (Carrying capacity) on the RV axles.

Keep in mind the Pin weight is “not” calculated into the GVWR of the RV but “is” used to calculate the GVWR of the TV. If your Dodge is a single axle it is likely rated at around 10,100 lbs GVWR. My ’01 Dodge Dually is 11,000 lbs

The certificate of origin for my 2012 3402RL said the dry shipping weight was 12,980 lbs, the rated GVWR is 15,800 which theoretically leaves me 2820 of CC (Carrying capacity).

My suggestion, if you are really concerned: Load you RV and TV for travel, weigh the RV with only it’s axles on the scale, if you are under the rated GVWR for your particular RV then you are ok on the 5th wheel.
Now since you will have scaled your TV prior to this, weigh the TV with both of its axles on the scale, hooked up to the RV, that will give you it’s total weight including Pin weight. If that does not exceed the GVWR of your Dodge then it is also ok. You can accurately determine your Pin weight now as well.

Just a newby on the forums and only my observations. Also no signature or pretty stuff yet, still need to figure that out...
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote