Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Orv, I don't think changing the address once a year would be considered too frequent. I would just pick up a local address and change to that. I'm not with DirecTV, but surely that won't foul their system up. We maintain an address here in Rockport, plus the one in East TX with no problems. With the ability for paper free billing from most services now days, the address is almost irrelevant.
You may be right except for one thing. Our billing address doesn't change and that's what they use for pinpointing the local programming. When we first started full time RVing, we could get our local programming from our "home address" no matter where we were in the country. But the Feds stepped in and made the Satellite TV providers "pinpoint" their signals to the local area where your "permanent address" was. I understand this. So you can see that there is relevance in what your address is.

Orv
Why not change the billing address? I wouldn't think a couple changes a year would be too frequent. I don't have an account with DirecTV, but surely you can change the billing address on line if you go "green". These folks want to sell you a service. I would sure push them on this subject. If they can't tolerate a couple changes a year,simple solution; I would look elsewhere for programming.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote