View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #12
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
I'd be more than happy to pay more up front if it meant the better quality parts & installation of equipment/manufacturing... They source everything it seems out of China from the cheapest price point. As an example the BAL gear drives for the slides are junk, cheap low grade white metal gears that are continuously stripping. So an RV owner now waits a month or so for an appointment after one breaks (if lucky) to get it in to the RV dealer then another week or two for the part to come in & repairs to be done. When the season is 4 months at best and you are already losing a month or more of usage ??? Ya I'd pay more for good quality parts and not lose the usage time.. Now this is one example, add to the gearbox, cheap plastic Relief Valves, Cheap Breakers that continuously trip until replaced, trim falling off inside & out, wall bracket bolts shearing off............. etc ... All down time to fix........ It is the down time that people are angry at, not so much the actual cost of fixing most of these parts that break. I've done most of the repairs myself as our dealer is so backlogged it is crazy...... Would rather of paid a little more and not had to do anything but use it.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote