View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #54
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
Well the land is there it's just a little chard. We couldn't have picked a worse time. We called and talked to a realastate salesman and a RV resort owner on Tuesday morning and was told the fires and smoke were on I 5 and west. HWY. 97 was clear, well we pulled into Klamath Falls on 09/06/2017 and the smoke was the worst we have ever seen. Everyone was wearing masks, every store was sold out of masks. We turned around and started back southbound, the smoke was really affecting my wifes lungs. So back to the tank, it was the best thing since sliced bread. Having the ability to carry 117 gallons of fuel is great. We traveled over 1200 miles and fueled up 3 times and we got home yesterday with my 40 gallon main tank still full and about 30 gallons in my 77 gallon aux. tank. So nice being able to pass so many stations. The bottom line is I'll be keeping the tank. Next I'll post about my broken leaf spring on my 2955RL rear axle.
Yes, it's like that here all the time. Be sure and tell any other Californians thinking of making the move North. 😀 Arizona still beckons!
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote