View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #22
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Oh, there is no hesitation for me in selling our home. In fact, we know we have to some day anyway as my Dad has given us a life-long lease on his home in his will (but I hope that day is many years off before we would need to move to his home, even if part-time). We need to stay near my elderly father as I am the only living child and I want to be there for him when he needs me.

My husband & I both need to continue to work but more for the health insurance and neither of us are near retirement age. We are not independently wealthy so need the income to live on. We also do not have enough saved yet for retirement thus the need to work but mostly for the health coverage my husband carries.

I want to downsize so that is inevitable I feel whether it be an RV or mobile. We both would rather it be an RV but due to the fact we have to stay near our jobs and thus the winter weather, the mobile makes more sense probably. I could quite easily give up all the material possessions I believe except for a few keepsakes. In fact, whatever we move to, I am planning to let the majority of the furniture go with the house. We do have a small storage shed we will have at my Dad's that we can store a few things in which I wouldn't have much I feel I need to hang on to anyway.

Sandi & John & 3 Shih Tzu from Michigan (2 adult sons, 1 DIL)
Considering selling stick house, purchasing a Montana, living in it full-time locally so we can continue to live near my elderly father. Continuing to work full-time. Dreaming of the day we can head south for winter!
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote