Thread: Grille Guard?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Highly recommend it. I drove my old Jeep truck (J10) to Alaska and back waaay back in 1979.
Didn't hit any large animals but I saw the results of a couple who did and it wasn't pretty! You'll still have damage, but it may save your engine if you get one that is sufficiently stout.
Also VERY highly recommend a clear Lexan bug deflector for the leading edge of the hood to help deflect the MASSIVE amounts of bugs (and possibly gravel) that will hit your windshield. Very important...I bought a tall version and had it mounted on my grill guard. Completey coated with all kinds of bugs by the end of the day...windshield relatively clean.
Put some heavy duty screen material over the grill and/or grill guard for the same reason.
Drive safely, be extra diligent...especially if you drive at night (not recommended). Of course, you will most likely have extra long daylight hours so it probably won't be an issue (unless of course you go up in the winter )