Thread: Lippert
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
According to what I was told, and I say this with speculation, Jason read our letter and dismissed it. I was told by the engineer that Jason "runs a billion dollar company and doesn't have time for [me]".

The funny thing is that the engineer and a fellow who drives a light SUV painted in Harley Davidson colors spent considerable hours making our remote slide function work (after some mistakes - one morning we raised the jacks and our slides deployed!!!) You would think that the money spent on labor for these many hours would have been more properly spent on JUST REPLACING OUR REMOTE/RECEIVER, especially if you throw in CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I was asked by the engineer if I was offered $350 would I be happy? I responded that no, I wouldn't - I would just turn around and spend the money offered for the remote receiver that I was promised.

The engineer, in my opinion, was talking about the latest generation of remote/receiver, while I was only wanting restored functionality, meaning that I wanted our slides and front landing gear to be able to be moved via the remote. He was transfixed on his latest and greatest and I believe this was the crossroads in our conversations. But, he then told me that he was talking about the 12 button remote; this is where I believe I was lied to. BTW, the latest generation remote/receiver is available for sale but doesn't have a price...It is even advertised on their website.

Why when I spend the money for the Level Up do I leave the facility with reduced functionality? We even had telephone conversations that implied that I would have a new remote/receiver. I am sorely disappointed with Lippert.

I spoke with Aram, but was unable to get our issue resolved, to my disappointment. And to be clear, I have the utmost respect for Aram; he is a straight shooter, in my opinion.

So...HOW DO I GET FUNCTIONALITY RESTORED IF NO ONE FROM LIPPERT WILL HELP???

Rich - please corner Jason at the Rally.

If anyone at the Rally wants to have the Level Up system installed make sure that you have everything delineated on your purchase order. That was my mistake: my PO only states "upgrade to Level Up" and nothing more.

If I could do it all over again, I would...well you get the idea...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote