View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kartja, as OLS1932 said, there is a position for the handle from which it will draw from both tanks. That position is usually straight up. When we say point the lever towards the tank you want to draw from as primary tank, we mean point the lever to the hose it is to draw from.

At first, I was confused as to what was meant by "point" the handle. To me, the lever was the tail and the head of the "arrow" that was being pointed was the point where it pivots. I was wrong. The tail, or lever, is what is pointed toward the hose from the tank to be used as primary.

As others said, when that primary tank is empty, the red flag goes up on the regulator but it will automatically switch to draw from the other tank, assuming that valve's tank is opened. I do not like losing heat from the furnace in the middle of the night so I keep both tanks open.

We, and a few others here, have a remote changeover indicator, a light inside the bedroom that flashes when the red flag on the regulator goes up. That tells me to go switch the lever and get the primary tank filled. The place I bought mine got bought out by Camping World, who does not offer this remote indicator. However, someone posted a link awhile back. It's made by Marshall, the same people who make the regulator. A google search on remote propane indicator should turn up the source. The cost is right around 35 dollars.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote