View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #45
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Steve, Have not met anyone from T&C service department.Will look up good ole Virgil when we are there next. Everyone has always been real nice to us at T&C.Friend of ours is picking up a 3670 there Thursday using the PID from this forum..That might drive good ole Virgil nuts.Good to hear that Leafy Oaks is still good..Have not been there for awhile..How did you like Cedar Point,Do charters up there all the time.
Rich,

As for T&C. They seemed to have changed the fault. So I now know for certain it’s not the truck. That counts for something.

And I dunno how happy any dealer is to be servicing someone else’s sale item. I’ve always felt reluctance when bringing any of my cars into a dealer that didn’t sell them to us.

But I do feel they should have recognized the possibility, (or at least made it appear so,) that a brake problem could be a loose or shorting wire in the part of the trailer that does the most moving. And I’d wager it’s not only our Montys that have such problems. And the other brands probably have problems eventually traced down to just what I asked them to specifically check….

Give ‘em hell. Not that they’re bad people. But just because I probably won’t be going there, again. Not because of this experience. (It wasn’t all that bad, anyway.) But because we will most likely just be elsewhere.

The people at Leafy Oaks are nice. As are the other campers. We chatted with several of them for a long time. Some wanted to tour the Monty, so we were happy to oblige. Especially since we just got there, and it was still clean!

We only drove up to the entrance of Cedar Point. Since it was hot, and we had our dogs in the truck, we didn’t plan on staying. But it sure looked well-kept and massive!

We’re in Niagara Falls, right now. We plan on staying three days. We drove around a while, swam in the pool, got cheap diesel and cigarettes at “Smokin’ Joe’s,” (Indian shopping center,) and will do a tour tomorrow, leaving the dogs in the Monty, with the A/C running. The next day, we’ll drive to the Canadian side to see the really glorious stuff. Kim’s wanting to do another tour of that side. I think I’ll let her go and stay home and be “Mr. Mom” to the dogs while I nap or watch DirecTV. (I did the laundry, again, today. I deserve a break!)

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote