Thread: New Big Sky
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #22
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
This past winter, we saw three (3) brand new 2014 Lifestyle 5th wheelers that were all staying at this same RV resort. All 3 were made by the same manufacture, and each had the same issue with separation of the seams on the slide out vertical panels. They also had other structural and cosmetic issues that we simply didn't have with our 2013 Montana, yet we paid 25-35K less. Granted, at first blush, they looked elegant and were very nicely appointed, plus they also weighed considerably more than ours. I don't think that's unique for other high-end models either. That said, the topic of conversation on this format was to critique the new Big Sky. I have not personally examined it, but from what I have been able to garner from the internet, is that it will be able to compete with just about any other high-end 5th wheeler out there and probably still will sell for thousands less. I think we're all suspect of the glitz and question the worthiness of this new Big Sky. For all practical purposes it structurally will still be a Montana, even if it being built in a separate plant. The question for Keystone would be, why fix what's not broken? The reason is market competition and there's a niche there. It makes good business sense for Keystone, especially the size and capabilities of Keystone's facilities, to separate itself a bit from Montana and tap into this high end market. There are some appointments and features that simply needed to be addressed in the older Big Sky models, namely, to make it look more contemporary and give it a more competitive edge over other high-end models out there under the backbone of the reliable Montana. I'm personally excited about the new Big Sky, (wider with nicer appointments). I know we'll give it serious consideration when looking to upgrade our '13 Monty, but that'll be in few years.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote