Thread: Stabilize RV??
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom - Shannon

Here is where we are at with our 3402RL RV sway/movement problem. We purchased from Pete's RV, Schererville, In. Per Pete's RV instructions, I took to RV dealer in southern Ind who while on the phone with Lippert ran Monty through every test possible. The dealers conclusion was they can do nothing to get the shaking out. They said the jacks are too small and give when Monty is raised, lowered, etc. I'm on my 3rd person at Pete's RV and he is going to talk with Keystone and see what can be done. We also have a popping sound and the RV shakes, Lippert is aware of this problem and has a fact sheet for dealers where taking 1 qt. of oil out of reservoir and adding 1 qt of a grade 15 oil (Torco REF Grade 15)will supposedly solve this problem. We are living fulltime in the RV and just starting out with our dream of workamping. All we want is our RV to be right. What a let down.

Tom - Shannon
Hi Tom, Welcome to the world of Fulltimming.

We have a '14 3150RL with the 6 pt jacks. We have a front closet with a Splendide in it. It will shake the trailer at times on spin. When I'm in bed and the wife is still up, I can feel her walking around sometimes. The popping occurred in ours the first few months. We were in Colorado and had large temp swings. At night you could feel the front drop, abet probably only 1/8" but was kinda scary.

We have the bulletin about the 3 different fluid additives, I was going to go with the CAT one, but it is no longer doing it, so I relate it to maybe just the temp swings or air in the system.

My take on the jacks are they are designed to "level" the rig. Which they do. They are not designed to make it not move.

I really think you are expecting something that is just not possible. A house on wheels that does not move. The tripod, mated to the pin, will not work cause the pin is mounted on rubber and it is designed to move. So, yes that is a waste of effort.

Please accept the fact it moves some and go on and find something enjoyable to do. Like watch the guy that comes in with electric front jacks, hand crank rear stabilizers, watch him get his boards out and drive on them a couple times, remembering you just push a button and in a matter of seconds you are done.

We fulltimmed for almost 10 years, workcamped for 4, the best time of our lives. I do hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Now just 3/4 time.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote