View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi

The wiring diagram is on the wall about 20 ft long and 6 ft high. It was reproduced from someone’s drawing! The real reason they won’t provide one outside the plant is the probability of legal action.

As for the systems being checked before they leave the factory. The potable water system leaked in this unit because the fittings behind the panel where you hook up your water supply were less than hand tight. No way they didn't leak at the plant provided there was ever any water pressure put on the system.

(They do the checks. The connections may have worked loose in Transit
but they do the checks)

As for the parent company I doubt seriously that GM, Ford and Chrysler are all built by one parent company and Volkswagen and Toyota are the only ones not. Also I have been unable to find any reference to Thor Industries on any of the paperwork or identification on our Montana. Mercury still has the Ford trademark and Cadillac still has the GM trade mark

(You read that into my post..GM is the parent company for many brands as is Ford and Chrysler)

My wife has found so far only 2 production companies (not custom builders) in the US that are not owned by Thor.

We were going to have a fifth wheel built by a custom builder but was talked out of it by a friend because the custom builder wasn't RVIA approved. The idea that RVIA approval has anything to do with quality has proven to be a myth.

By the way one good thing about our Montana that may not be so with most of them is the wiring in the front and rear cap is accessible thru panels in the cabinets / closet in the bedroom and living room.

My wife and I believe the fifth wheel trailer is the most comfortable and livable RV on the market. We didn't like any of the class A’s. The fifth wheel has more room inside once the slides are open than any of the class A’s we looked at and we looked at some of the 600 and 700 hundred thousand dollar class A’s and if you are going to go anywhere after arriving at the park you still have to tow a trailer.

We are in negotiation with a custom builder at this time. Their base quote started at double the cost of the Montana.

Phil P
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote