View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #8
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The baffle installed is supposed to make sure the air flow fully passes the upper area of the fins at the top of the fridge. I installed the boiler temp sensor prior to the last cooling unit replacement a couple years ago, so can't say how hard it is to install, but looks like it needs a small set of hands to reach in there. The ARP fans work great, and they are both cable tied to the upper and lower grill, with the lower one flat against the inner part of the grill with the outlet directed up and the upper one with the outlet part of the fan directed down into one of the down facing outlets of the grill, a little awkward to position, but once secured with tie wraps, it doesn't move, and I ran a couple wires down the left side from the upper fan to connect both of them to the ARP device. I talked to Paul Unmack while at Quartzsite in January and discovered my ARP device wasn't working properly because the newer cooling units from Norcold have a different program in the controller which wasn't working with the older ARP device I had installed. I purchased an updated ARP controller, installed it, and Paul adjusted the settings so it was placed in it's PID mode (which wasn't in the ARP device's program I originally had installed), and it is working great. It is great not having to worry about the fridge being a bit off kilter while driving or parked and having the boiler overheat or worse. Whatever you have to do to get the device installed is definitely worth the effort.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote