View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #26
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Wow this was a hot topic!!

I understand why folks would want the appliances covered under warranty but by the same token I see why Keystone and dealers would shy away from dealing with appliances (especially residential fridge).

Fairly obvious that modern appliances are more or less "throw away" commodities. For certain TVs are cheaper to replace than fix these days! I suspect that a residential fridge that goes out is cheaper to replace than it is to fix in many cases. They are built to be the cheapest to buy not the longest lasting. That is a trend that unfortunately we as consumers are responsible for because we tend to buy the unit that costs less (IE: we are unwilling to pay for quality). Not the case for everyone but I suspect at least 90% of purchases.

My recommendation is first realize that you bought a Keystone, which while it is a good brand it is NOT the best built brand. To keep their costs down they don't use the very top end appliances. If your not willing to pay a premium for very top end camper then that is something you have to accept. Second, find a top quality repair ONLY shop to do your work. Do not expect great service from a sales dealer. They only have a repair shop to meet dealership requirements. A repair only shop will do far better and faster work for you. It is after all their PRIMARY business. If you have a residential fridge I would find a good appliance guy not an RV repair shop.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote