View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #53
CamoGreg
Established Member

M.O.C. #19718
Mtlakejim,

Will do.

I have also had problems with the streetside "red" regulator. Brand new, it would "squeal" when propane flowed through. Eventually toning down to more of a low buzz.

I have an aux 100lb propane tank that originally was positioned and connected on the streetside. It wasn't constant, but at times, propane flow would be stopped and I'd have to unscrew the pigtail and reconnect it to resume flow.

I didn't seem to have that problem with the furnished 30lb tank. Although the regulator still squealed.

Since I'm gone a good part of the day, the furnace is set to come on at 50 degrees to keep things from freezing.
I can't have the propane being interrupted when I'm not there to notice.

Hooking my 100lb tank to the curbside has solved all those intermittent flow stops. I'd suggest using that side without the red regulator for the main source. Make streetside the secondary side.

I also blocked the vent from the bedroom to the garage. I have no desire to heat or cool the garage. It's nice to have that capacity. Like if storing something that may be damaged by freezing or excessive heat.

On that same vein, in the summer months, temps here were well into triple digits for days on end. I cut to size and placed magnetic vent covers over the furnace vents. Also, cut, stained and weatherstripped some nice birch plywood to cover those large furnace cold air returns on the forward stairs.
This helped with keeping the place cool by not sending precious cool air into furnace areas and the basements.

Even in the now cold temps, I'm using a magnetic vent cover in the front living room. Being close to the furnace, that vent is the warmest air. The rear kitchen thermostat reads so far away from the living room, it'll get hot up there while the rest of the rig is still cold.
The low level of the large kitchen vent allows for plenty of heat to climb into the living room without having an open vent.
CamoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote