Old 02-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #46
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Enlarged the area in question...

Notice the < in the above picture.
As FredG had pointed out in the Pros...- Flat floor basement. In order to eliminate the step in the basement they lowered the entire floor. By lowering the basement floor they also has to lower the area for the black and gray tanks.
This lowered the overall clearance of the under carriage by at least 7 or 8 inches.

In the above photo the rig is hooked up to the TV and the front jack is in the FULLY retracted position.
The jack pad was just about 6 inches off the ground. Traveling on any uneven terrane or going in or out of most any driveway is going to be difficult at best.

As Charlie and Sue said "Maybe when we spend that much money for a 5er we're suppose to go to only more elite resorts." and service stations with nice flat approaches to the driveway.
MY COMMENTS:
Looks too low and too heavy for me. Glad I have the 2004 Big Sky 3575RL. I would have preferred they improve and enhance the 3575RL rather than discontinue it? Oh well, it was a great rig and I am afraid the new Cambridge is way too expensive, heavy and low to the ground! I would not buy it.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote