Thread: Reloading
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
My son and I used to shoot a lot and reloaded all our ammo. It is really not difficult and there are lots of good books and other guides available to help you along with all the "how tos" and using different bullet types and powder loads. Follow those and you will have no problem. As as stated above, don't add extra powder. In addition to being dangerous, it can actually hurt accuracy rather than help it.

I bought a basic RCBS Rockchucker single stage loader kit that contained everything I needed. Only thing I would do different would get a digital powder scale instead of the beam scale. We reloaded 30-06, .270, .243, 9mm, .357, .40, and .45 ACP, The kit works well for the amount we reloaded.But we rarely shoot any more and it has sat idle for a few years now.

Basic target ammo is cheap enough that you really don't gain much by loading your own unless you are really shooting a lot. Our range allowed us to pick up our used brass. We would typically reload each brass only two times carefully inspecting it each time.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote