View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
Thank you one and all for your kind wishes. I worked the profile for 2 tours - outside, at night, no wind, spraying around us. I am the second guy in our AFSC that I know of. The other had no outward symptoms until it was too late. He passed within six months. I did not show symptoms until a year later but I had been checking. This is my second round. I was in the 5th year of the 1st reprieve - looking to see a second. Treatment has been on-going with modifications for almost two years now.
If you did not notice "Good buy and thanks....) is a play on words to "Good Bye and Thanks for the Fish." The latter is the title to BOOK 4 of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy." I find that the only way to get through this is to laugh and make others laugh. There is no use in crying; I have had a good, fulfilling life. My sorrow is for all the very young men who served alongside and did not make it home and for all the men returning now. Disfigured, maimed and in pain, they try to resume their civilian lives and try to overcome their plight.
Though it may prove difficult, I wish laughter for them as well.

Again, Thank you
Jorge
D2IKType is offline   Reply With Quote