Thread: No good tires
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #66
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
I have been one of the ones with a G614 failure,,,during the winter with NO heat involved. It was in January of '18 with a 16 month old tire, on the off door side, with a TPMS and a Georgia State Trooper right behind me. GY stepped up and paid half the retail price for the tire after having to take it to a Goodyear Truck Tire dealer. I was happy they offered to pay, however Sailun will NOT do that. That being said, when these tires are used up or nearing out of date, Sailun tires will be going on my rig. I Carry two spares everywhere I go and the second one is a Sailun now. After years of being on many different forums of trucks and RVs, Sailun has almost cornered the market a with a reliable tire. I just upgraded my axles under my rig after several longs discussions with the spring packs and how they looked, so as soon as I can, I will be upgrading wheels to a #4400 pound variety as well. So the Sailuns will be a good fit for my rig.
That being said, I still believe any tire at any time can let go. With our roads today, God only knows what they've ran over while rolling.