View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Another website we use often is Volunteer.gov. You can put in the state you want and then the agency you want and up pops what's open now. If you don't find anything that interests you put in another agency. Workamper.com is another we use and since we like to pick and choose I copy the ads we seem to be interested in this year (when we already have a gig) and then check them out (as we travel) and apply next year if we like what we saw. When we get a call from our resume with workampers we will almost always already have a job for this season so I apologize, thank them for thinking of us and ask them to keep us in mind for next year. I also add these to our file for the next year (the file is a word doc on my computer). Many folks have found their first work camping gig by just asking in a campground they are in that they like. Many times campgrounds are one couple short and you can get a short gig, but most important a recommendation you can use down the line. Good luck, it's a lot of fun and definitely better than sitting home watching old episodes of Judge Judy. If we can be of further help, email us.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote